Roosevelt Island School PTA is proud to sponsor after school Foreign Language Program for students K through 3rd grade. A message from the PTA president:
We are so thrilled to start the After-School Spanish program this Monday! In preparation, here are a few details:
1) The Program runs on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 3-4pm. It will run from March 1st to June 16th.
2) We have, to the extent possible, to accommodate requested dates. Please see the attached spreadsheet which notes what day your child is scheduled to attend, as well as which group they will be in.
3) The Spanish Program will be held in 2 of the Kindergarten classrooms - Group 1 in Ms. Z's class (K001), and Group 2 in Ms. C's class (K003). Kindergarten students enrolled in the Program will be met outside the classrooms at 2:45 pm dismissal by a Parent Volunteer and escorted at 3 pm to the appropriate classroom. Children in Grades 1-3 will be met in the Cafeteria by a Parent Volunteer & escorted to the appropriate classroom. Your child may bring a snack to eat before the start of the class.
4) The PTA Executive Board will supervise the Program but we need your help. If you are available to act as a Parent Volunteer between 2:45 - 4:00 pm please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
5) In order for this to be an enriching experience, we need the cooperation of all the children and parents involved. Please talk to your child about behavior expectations before the Monday start date. As we are using outside Instructors, good behavior is especially important. Continually disruptive behavior on the part of any child will unfortunately lead to removal from the classroom, and/or the Program itself.
6) PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP WHAT PREFERRED DISMISSAL PROCEDURES ARE FOR YOUR CHILD, PARTICULARLY IF THEY ARE NOT BEING PICKED UP (e.g. dismiss to the Beacon).
Please feel free to email me with any additional questions. We look forward to a great program!
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The opinions expressed by Parent Bloggers do not reflect those of the P.S./I.S. 217 or any employee thereof. The Roosevelt Island School is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied here. Parent Bloggers may keep updating old posts on a regular basis and are not bound to explicitly state all corrections made.