P.S./I.S. 217 PTA is excited to tell the parents about our upcoming Art Show & Silent Auction fundraiser on April 17th. This event will be the start to a wonderful celebration of our talented children and commitment to our school. Come and invite the community to view our school, see the work of our children and take part in the Silent Auction. A silent auction is an event where numerous items (see examples below) are displayed and bid on. The highest bid wins the item.
The funds raised at this event will go towards our art and music program, in-house specialized enrichment, school resources and supplies. This is one of the school's most significant fundraisers. In light of recent budget cuts in the public school system, the income from our fundraisers is even more important than ever to ensure P.S. 217 can remain a great place to educate our children!
The teachers and PTA are already hard at work at school and in the community putting together what is necessary to make this event a success. As you know, it is a team effort and we really need your support! We are asking your help in planning, setting up and obtaining donations. Every donation, no matter the size, is deeply appreciated! Here are some example donations:
- Access to sporting events, museum tours, United Nations tour, backstage tours, theater tickets, other unique experience opportunities.
- Gift Cards to restaurants or items from merchants you frequently visit.
- Your job? Is there something you or your employer can donate from work?
- A skill. Babysitting, house organization or interior design, cooking lessons or a catered dinner for 4, a makeover, lessons in instruments/swimming/sports, technology classes, language lessons, entertainment for a kids party, etc. The list could go on forever with all the talents we have in our community!
- Spa treatments, hair salons or other beauty services or products.
- Vacations... do you have a summer home you could donate a weekend at? Or a connection to a hotel?
You can request a donation form by emailing PTA firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations to the auction are tax-deductible. Thank you in advance for your help with putting together the auction! Please come and take part in this wonderful celebration! We look forward to seeing all of you on April 17th.
P.S. 217 PTA
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The opinions expressed by Parent Bloggers do not reflect those of the P.S./I.S. 217 or any employee thereof. The Roosevelt Island School is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied here. Parent Bloggers may keep updating old posts on a regular basis and are not bound to explicitly state all corrections made.